- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Xavier High School is a living expression of the dynamic and evolving tradition of the Catholic Church. We have a responsibility to provide places for those who wish to experience our Christian approach to education.
Specifically Xavier caters for young people from the Parishes of Albury, North Albury, Lavington, Howlong, Holbrook, Corowa and Culcairn.
Xavier High School is committed to:
- Providing for all baptised Catholics who seek a place where their baptismally-seeded faith may be nurtured.
- Accepting all who seek a place subject to their confirming their support and respect for the Catholic nature of the schools.
To be considered for enrolment:
- All students will need to have completed Year 6 or its equivalent.
- All students will be assessed as to their educational needs prior to the finalisation of enrolment.
- Students with identified special needs will have their particular educational requirements identified by an integration support group. This process will specify all support measures which are to be provided by the school. The school reserves its legal right to determine whether any particular enrolment might constitute an “unjustifiable hardship” under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- All families must give a written commitment to respect and support the Catholic nature and practices of the school. This includes participation in the formal Religious Education programme and prayer life of each student.
- All families must give a written commitment to support the school financially in some way. Normally this support would be through the full payment of school fees and levies. Where circumstances dictate that full payment will not be possible, the obligation remains on each family to support the school according to its means with individual arrangements to be set in place.
All eligible applicants will be considered but there is a ceiling to the number of places available in our school; determined by philosophic, financial, physical and industrial factors. If Xavier is unable to provide places for all applicants the following criteria will be applied:
- Preference will be given to baptised Catholics.
- Siblings of current students will normally be accepted for enrolment.
- Baptism within many Christian communions is recognized as valid by the Catholic Church. Special consideration will be given to communicant members of these churches.
- Children accepted for enrolment at a Catholic primary school.
- The Principal has the ultimate discretion in accepting enrolments.
Privacy Legislation – Collection Notice
The school collects personal information, including sensitive information about pupils and parents or guardians before and during the course of a pupil’s enrolment at the School. The primary purpose of collecting the information is to enable the School to provide schooling for your son/daughter.
Xavier High School Policies
Teach More Manage Less
At Xavier we put learning first. We believe that all students have the right to learn and all teachers have the right to teach without interruption. Our learning is our priority.
We will have clearly articulated goals, expectations and norms which apply to the learning environment that is Xavier High School. You will find that certain spaces within Xavier will have specific requirements which will be discussed and made clear. All students and staff will respect those guidelines.
Should students choose not to meet the expectations set for them teachers will engage in a learning conversation and the following process will be followed: With an initial disruption — students will be spoken to regarding the need to re-direct to learning. Teachers will explain how the student needs to change to meet expectations.
With a second instance — students may need to be moved to another place in the classroom or given specific steps or activities to engage in so that the expectations are met.
If there is a third instance within the lesson, students will be removed from the classroom and sent to the office.
If a student is sent to the office, the students name will be recorded along with the time, teacher, class and reason. An email will be generated and sent to the Assistant Principal, KLA Coordinator and the House Coordinator.
The student will have a discussion with the KLA and will remain in the office for the remainder of the lesson.
Students will complete the reflection re-entry questions. The incident will be communicated to the Assistant Principal, House Coordinator, Homeroom Tutor and KLA Coordinator for tracking.