The School Council advises and supports the Principal in the Christian formation and education of students, as well as overall management and forward planning issues for the school.
Although the Council does not involve itself in the internal operations of the school, it is an important avenue by which the expectations of the parent community can be communicated to the Principal and staff.
The Council regularly organises parent meetings on issues of concern (for example uniform and resource provision).
The Xavier High School Council of 2017 comprises the following people:
- The Principal: Mr Gavin Dykes
- Representative of the Parish Priests: To be Advised
- Representative of the Sisters of Mercy: Sr Angela Jordan
- Assistant Principal – Learning and Teaching: Mrs Nicole Morton
- Assistant Principal – Students: Mrs Lorraine Willis
- The Parents’ Representatives: Mrs Virginia Mitsch, Mr Craig Wakley, Mrs Tracey Parnell, Mr Joe Corrigan, Mr Kansas Michael & Mrs Melissa Pargeter
- The Staff Representative: Mrs Terri-Anne Scott
- The P@X Representative: Mr John Gordon
- Co-opted Members: Mr Daryl McGregor
The Parents@Xavier Association organises activities for parents and fundraising activities for the school. P@X meetings provide a forum for discussion and support among parents. Funds raised provide students with extra facilities and equipment.
Meetings are held each Term. The date and time for each meeting is advertised in the fortnightly newsletter.
The Xavier High School Parents@Xavier Association and Parent Liaison Group are keen to have you involved with the activities of the school.
Our P@X provide support for the school with fundraising, cooking at House BBQs and sporting carnivals and provide a representative on the School Council. We are seeking your support in areas where many hands make light work.
- President: Veryan McQualter
- Vice President: Michelle Aldrich
- Treasurer: Trish Gallagher
- Secretary: Suzanne Francisco