Capital Gains Grant Success.
In late 2019 Xavier High School was successful in our application for a Capital Gains Grant. This will see the refurbishment of the existing Sports Stadium into a multi-purpose complex complete with stage, seating for 1200, the inclusion of two new classrooms, upgraded amenities & commercial kitchen facilities. The grant will also allow the refurbishment of the Creative & Performing Arts Centre and five existing classrooms.
- a 900-seat Arts Centre, complete with an elevated stage, stage lighting and audio-booth
- 3 Visual Arts rooms
- 3 sound-proof music/tuition rooms assisting in private study, with recording equipment
- a fully surfaced indoor stadium, catering for a range of indoor sports including basketball and indoor soccer as well as PDHPE practical classes
- a re-surfaced outdoor soccer/basketball court and access to 3 large sporting ovals.
- 4 fully equipped science laboratories and laboratory preparation room
- Computer rooms, offering internet access and a range of software programs
- Modern Industrial Technology workshop, catering for a range of Industrial and VET-based subjects
- Textiles Room
- Refurbished/ re-landscaped quadrangle
- access to a developing wetland and rainwater recycling facility
- 4 student locker bays and toilet facilities
- food technology and hospitality facilities to include a full commercial kitchen
- a covered outdoor learning area and walkways.