Commencing early 2018
Xavier High School Albury, in partnership with Kestrel Apprentice Solutions, is offering an exciting new opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in the teaching profession. The successful candidate will undertake a combination of paid employment and structured training, on site at Xavier, and receive a Nationally accredited Certificate III qualification on successful completion.
Reporting to the Learning Support Coordinator, this role will support the classroom teacher to ensure that students with additional needs benefit through inclusion and experience success in their school environment. This position may ideally suit a 2017 Year 12 student seeking to establish a rewarding career in education.
The successful candidate will demonstrate empathy for students with a disability or additional needs and display excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be a highly responsible and self-motivated person who can work independently as required, while maintaining strict confidentiality. This role requires well-developed organisational and time-management skills, which you will have previously gained through your educational, employment or other endeavours. As an essential member of the school team, you will strive to build positive relationships across the school community.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- working in partnership with the classroom teacher to achieve the goals of the student with additional needs, including support with literacy and numeracy;
- building relationships with the student in the learning environment;
- implementing individualised learning programs devised by the classroom teacher;
- facilitating the student’s growth towards independence within the school community;
- Working collaboratively with other members of the school team to students receive support appropriate to their requirements.
In addition to accessing an opportunity to “earn while you learn” this diverse and rewarding role will enable you to embark on the first steps of your career in the teaching profession in a supportive, faith-based environment.
To be considered for this exceptional career-start opportunity please forward your letter of application (referencing Job No: 2235) and resume email@example.com or, alternatively, you can apply online by visiting our vacancies page here
Applications close Monday 30th October, 2017.