Applications now open for the Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars Program!
The Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars Program offers high-achieving Year 11 and 12 students the opportunity to engage with the University through a program of events and activities at our Parkville campus. Schools can nominate up to five outstanding Year 10 students who will commence Year 11 in 2015 to become Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars. The University aims to select at least one student from every secondary school in Victoria that participates in the program to a total of 700 each year. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student nominations are particularly encouraged.
While in secondary school, students selected as Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars:
- receive an approved borrower card for access to any of the University of Melbourne’s libraries;
- participate in dedicated academic enrichment events and key University events;
- meet like-minded students from diverse backgrounds through on-campus activities;
- gain access to the Young Scholars Portal and social media page so they can keep in touch.
Substantial benefits also accrue to students who ultimately enrol at the University of Melbourne following Year 12 including:
- a Commonwealth supported place into selected Melbourne undergraduate programs, conditional upon achievement of an ATAR of 95, or 90 and above if the student is from an under-represented school in the year of application to University;
- a $2,500 allowance to assist with the costs of settling in Melbourne. To be eligible a student’s home address must be interstate or within one of the Victorian Government’s designated rural councils, in the year of applying to the University; and
- a $2,500 Melbourne Global Scholarship (payable in second or third year of University study) for an international mobility program during their Melbourne undergraduate course, subject to meeting satisfactory grade point average requirements and other conditions.
Applications must be received by 13 October 2014 and school endorsements by 20 October 2014
For more information and eligibility criteria visit
Download theKwong Lee Dow Young Scholars Program Brochure 1.3 Mb PDF Document.